The office of Mamlatdar has assumed important status from ancient times. The word “Mamlatdar” is derived from original Arabic World MUAMLA (Mamla) means complicated matter or case and the officer who solves such matters or issues is Mamlatdar. The Mamlatdar is the Head of revenue administration consisting of average 50 or more groups of villages.
The state government appoints Mamlatdar under section-12 of Land Revenue Code. Mamlatdar is also an executive magistrate under section-20 of the Indian Criminal Procedure Code 1973. The Mamlatdar is a gazetted officer of the State Government. As the collector is the head of the district so Mamlatdar plays role of head of Taluka. He is responsible to Prant officer and collector and he solves problems of people by coming in direct contact of the people. Thus the Mamlatdar has a multipurpose role to play at Taluka level.
Duties and Powers of Mamlatdar
- Conduct revenue administration of Taluka and Act as Chief coordinator of Taluka.
- Supervision and inspection on work of revenue personnel of Taluka.
- The origin of any revenue chapter is the office of Mamlatdar. So that detailed report and proposals of revenue chapters should be sent by such manner to the superior officer that they are settle or decided without further queries.
- Mamlatdar is custodian of land record of Taluka. Hence his duty is to preserve land records and updation from time to time. Preservation of public property is his primary and fundamental liabilities. Right to property of people and settlement of revenue issues arising from them is his main role.
- Preservation of government land and constant vigilance on it that no encroachment is made on it.
- Recovery of government dues and prevention of theft of government property.
- Recovery of land revenue of certain orders and Recovery by light/ heavy steps under provision of LRC amount due from other department.
|1||Bharuch||+91 2642 241980||mam-bharuch[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|2||Ankleshvar||+91 2646 227648||mam-ankleshvar[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|3||Amod||+91 2644 245040||mam-amod[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|4||Jambusar||+91 2644 220070||mam-jambusar[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|5||Jhagadia||+91 2645 220039||mam-jhagadia[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|6||Hansot||+91 2646 262026||mam-Hansot[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|7||Netrang||+91 2643 282038||mam-netrang[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|8||Vagra||+91 2643 282038||mam-vagra[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|
|9||Valia||+91 2643 270623||mam-valia[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in|